New premium Marantz SR7011 AV receiver and AV7703 AV processor offers a new generation of Marantz products with groundbreaking technology
Kleinburg, Ontario (October 5th, 2016) – Marantz®, a world leader in advanced audio technologies, announces two new flagship models, the SR7011 AV receiver and the AV7703 AV processor. The SR7011 combines all the features needed for the latest audio and video formats (from 4K to Auro 3D capability) with the company’s legendary sound quality. The AV7703 AV processor has everything required to make the most of the home cinema experience. Adding to their popularity, each comes with a wide range of network streaming technologies including HEOS multi-room. Both are expected to be available in October 2016.
The SR7011: made for movies, magical with music ($2,699)
Building on decades of Marantz AV experience –the SR7011 offers not only decoding for all the latest high-resolution surround formats, but handles analog and digital stereo signals with the utmost care. It is compatible with 4K Ultra High Definition video sources and displays.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X/Neural:X are built-in, with a payable software upgrade to enable Auro-3D imminent. The SR7011 has nine 125W channels of ultra-high-quality Marantz amplification onboard, plus 11.2-channel processing pre-outs, allowing it to make the most of these ‘immersive surround’ formats with its ability to drive a full 5.1.4 enhanced surround system. The amplification itself is built just like any high-end Marantz hi-fi component, using the company’s famous HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, selected components and Marantz Current Feedback topology for the purest possible sound – whether slamming out an action movie or gliding through some gentle tunes.
Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 is provided for fast, accurate set-up, while a whole suite of sound processing technologies including LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ allow the user to make the most of the surround experience.
The eight HDMI inputs provide the flexibility for even the most complex home entertainment system, and with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight, the SR7011 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 pass-through. In other words, it’s ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other modern 4K Ultra HD sources, and it can also upscale existing video content to 4K Ultra HD, to make the most of those new 4K displays. Twin HDMI outputs allow you to run both a TV and a projector, while there’s also a Zone 2 HDMI out, allowing multi-room audio/video.
For music, the SR7011 is also equipped to become the heart of any home entertainment system, with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking for music streaming at resolutions up to 192kHz/24bit and DSD5.6MHz. Dual-band Wi-Fi reduces the chance of interference, and you can play your favorite music from computers or network storage, access streaming music from the likes of Pandora®, SiriusXM™, Deezer, Amazon Music, TIDAL, and Spotify Connect® (where available; subscription required), or listen to Internet radio. The SR7011 also has built-in Bluetooth® and AirPlay® for direct streaming from portable devices. As the first of a new generation of Marantz products with built-in HEOS technology, the SR7011 now has more ways to access an enhanced range of music services, as well as fast content browsing with the HEOS App- so users can find and play tunes almost instantly.
HEOS also enhances the multi-room functionality of the SR7011 by allowing the AV Receiver to become part of the HEOS multiroom system. This offers a cutting edge, integrated system rather than pre-existing individual wireless speaker components, optimizing the ability to share whatever users are enjoying with other HEOS speakers and components around the home.
Marantz AV7703: high-end home theater, your way ($2,699)
Also new from Marantz is the latest in a long line of acclaimed home cinema pre-amplifier/processors, the AV7703. With all the processing and format capability of the SR7011, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, plus full 4K UHD video capability and even HEOS multiroom, the AV7703 is designed to be used with high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7205. It has 11.2-channel preouts on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs. At its core is the same Audyssey technology and meticulous Marantz audio design used in the SR7011.
In fact, the AV7703 goes further, being designed not just as a superb AV processor but also as an extraordinary analog preamplifier, with a specially designed analog audio circuit board using Marantz HDAM technology. This preamp section is designed for optimal channel separation, minimal crosstalk and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging. An oversized power supply for the analog section uses audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors to ensure excellent power and dynamic ability.
Designed to form the core of a modular home entertainment system – users can use it with active speakers on all channels, including two subwoofers. The AV7703 puts class-leading audio and video technology, and the superb Marantz sound are at the center of the most ambitious home theater set-up.
SR7011 9.2ch Network AV Receiver – Main Features
- 9ch discrete power amplifier, 125W per channel
- Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier), Auro-3D upgradeable
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- High performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels
- Highest resolution for music and movie sound
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, SubEQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Delivering the ultimate equalization for your individual room
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- HEOS Wireless Music Streaming Technology with HEOS App
- Comfortable control options and almost unlimited music sources, including Pandora, Sirius XM, Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and Internet radio
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Network Audio Streaming
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (zone)
- Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; different video in different rooms
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- Analog to HDMI conversion and full SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- ISF video calibration
- Ready for professional calibration of home cinema TVs or projectors
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 11.2ch pre-out with 11.2ch processing; RS232 Control
- Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Unprecedented level of command and control
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
AV7703 Multi-channel Network AV Pre-amplifier – Main features
- Same features as SR7011, but no power amplifier section; 11.2ch XLR pre-out, 11.2ch RCA pre-out
- Flexible pre-amplifier stages for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- High quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM
- High resolution audio reproduction
- Power supply for pre-amplifier stage with audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors
- Separate power supplies for constant stable current
- Extended shielding of sensitive circuits
- To minimize interference for pure audio
Marantz is a part of D+M Group. The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP,
when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his
cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in
1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over half a century Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Additional information is available at www.ca.marantz.com.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries. All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. except Bluetooth which is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.; Spotify Connect which is a registered trademark of Spotify AB; Dolby Atmos which is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.; Pandora which is a registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc.; SiriusXM which is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio Inc.; AirPlay which is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Audyssey MultEQ® which is a registered trademark of Audyssey Laboratories and Android, which is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.