Marantz Canada Limited Warranty
Marantz Canada ("Marantz") warrants the following Marantz products for the periods indicated:
Reference Series Products:
All Marantz Reference models sold on or after July 1, 2009 come with a 5 year warranty with the following exceptions:
- Super Audio CD Players ("SACD")
- Optical Pick-ups and/or CD-Drive Mechanisms are warranted for 3 years for the parts and 5 years for the labour.
- All other components are covered for both parts and labour for the 5 year period.
- Needles and/or cartridges carry a 30 day warranty on the part only - no warranty covering labour charges is provided on the needle or cartridge.
- Since the part is user replaceable, the purchaser is responsible for any associated labour charges to replace this part.
- Defective needles and/or cartridges must be returned to Marantz as proof of defect in order for the replacement to be issued during the warranty window.
- Reference Series products discontinued as of July 1, 2009 retain their previous 3 year warranty. These SKUs include but aren't limited to: MA-9S1, PM-11S1, PM-15S1, PM-17SA, SA-1, SA-11S1, SA-12S1, SA-14, SA-15S1, SC-7S1, SM-17SA, ST-17.
Non-Reference Series Products:
3-year warranty for both Parts & Labour, from the original purchase date:
Amplifiers; Pre Amplifiers; Pre Amplifier-Processor-Tuners; Integrated Amplifiers; Tuners; Receivers; DVD Players; CD Players; Audio Cassette Decks; Learning Remote Control Devices; DLP front Projectors.
90-day warranty for parts and labour from the original purchase date:
What is Covered and What is Not Covered
Except as specified below, this warranty covers parts and labor to correct all defects in materials and workmanship. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage, deterioration, malfunction or failure to meet performance specifications resulting from:
- Accident; acts of nature; misuse; abuse; neglect; unauthorized product modification.
- Improper installation, removal, maintenance, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Marantz to repair the product.
- Any shipment of the product (claims must be presented to the carrier).
- Any cause other than a product defect
- Cleaning, initial set-up, check-ups with no defects found, or charges incurred for installation, removal or reinstallation of the product.
- Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Accessories, including but not limited to, batteries, cables, mounting hardware and brackets, cleaning accessories, antenna and detachable power cords.
- Warranty is void if purchase was made from anyone other than an authorized Marantz dealer.
Who May Enforce the Warranty
Only the original purchaser may enforce this warranty.
What We Will Pay For
We will pay for all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
How You Can Get Service
- If your unit needs service, please first contact your dealer to see what support services they do offer. You can also contact one of our local Authorized Marantz Service Centers or contact us directly as below. Please do not return your unit to the factory without prior authorization.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any unit returned for service is sufficiently packaged to prevent shipping damage as well as any shipping charges to return the unit for service. If you have shipped the unit in and the necessary repairs are covered under warranty, we will pay the return shipping charges to any destination within Canada.
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present the original dated sales receipt or other proof of purchase as confirmation of ownership and warranty inclusion.
Limitation of Implied warranties
All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purchase, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Exclusion of damages
Marantz liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product at Marantz's option. Marantz shall not be liable for damage to other products caused by any defects in Marantz products, damages based upon inconvenience or loss of use of the product, or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise.
Some provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or does not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, but you may also have other rights, which vary from province to province.
10462 Islington Ave. Unit 8B
Kleinburg ON L0J 1C0